In the period August 2020 – April 2022 in Ghiroda commune will be implemented the project to increase energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions by using solar renewable energy:
The project is funded by the financial mechanisms EEA and Norway 2014-2021, Energy Program in Romania, Field of interest: Renewable energy.
Grant Type: Romania Energy Norway grants (ROMANIA -NORWAY 1156)
The project will be carried out by Ghiroda commune City Hall as a promoter together with the Research Institute of Western Norway, Sogndal, Norway and the Polytechnic University of Timișoara
Project value: 370,172 Euro of which 312,000 Euro Norwegian funds
Project implementation period: August 2020 – April 2022
The stages of project implementation are:
- Project management – Ensuring an efficient management based on the most modern concepts, aimed at meeting the proposed performance standards: allocated budget, working time for project implementation, communication between partners and the financing unit, periodic risk assessment and timely implementation of emergency measures in the period: Month 1 – Month 22;
- Purchase of photovoltaic equipment, design and construction of fixing brackets, installation of panels and control systems, control and monitoring of energy conversion, sizing of storage elements to maximize efficiency – The project promoter will organize and conduct public procurement procedures for the Execution Project and Integrated photovoltaic system for electricity production. This means drawing up tender dossiers, organizing auctions, purchasing and receiving equipment. In parallel, the project promoter will take the necessary measures to obtain the necessary approvals for the implementation of the project from the authorized institutions (Environmental Agency, Energy Authority, Urban Planning Authority, etc.).Installation and commissioning of photovoltaic equipment including photovoltaic panoramas, power converters, automation and surveillance elements, as well as the implementation of the SCADA system, communication strategies and smart grid to achieve maximum efficiency and reliability during: Moon 1 – Moon 22;
C. Design of the photovoltaic system for each of the 8 locations provided in the project, including intelligent power monitoring systems (SCADA) for energy conversion assessment and control, with a central unit and distributed automation – the required number and peak power of photovoltaic panels and the corresponding electronic power to be established for each location, based on previous activity and local installation conditions. The communication interface between each unit and the SCADA central system will be selected. The local control of each system will optimize the production, consumption and storage of energy in a „smart” way, using the „smart grid” strategy in the period: Month 3-Month 5 and Month: 20-Month 21, respectively;
D. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) – Includes a systematic review of the scientific literature on environmental life cycle assessment (LCA), as well as a detailed verification of LCA databases such as Ecoinvent and Probas on photovoltaic systems, and energy harvesting technologies relevant to the project proposal. This will help to analyze the environmental performance of the systems and to consider possible trade-offs between (1) the phases of the product life cycle and (2) between the environmental damage. The systematic review of the LCA literature and the review of databases will identify the best solutions seen from an environmental point of view. If the system is to be successful and lead to real emission reductions, a deep understanding of emissions through the life cycle of the system should be evident. For many activities in P2 LCA could be used to supplement decisions. For example, ACLs will be a useful contribution to the design of the photovoltaic system for each location and to maximizing the environmental effects of installations. Three online / video or Skype meetings will be held with the management team to discuss the scope of the LCA literature review and disseminate the results that could be applied during installation. The LCA could also be a useful contribution to assessing the amount of GHG emissions saved as a result of the project. The delivery will be both a report and an open access database that presents the result of previous studies in the period: Month 6 – Month 18;
E. Dissemination activities – the results of the project will be promoted both on the website of Ghiroda City Hall and among partners, other public and private entities, in the media (radio-TV programs), billboards, posters, leaflets, etc. Period: – permanent.
Acquisition and installation of photovoltaic panels in order to produce renewable energy for own use of 8 public buildings: Ghiroda City Hall, Cultural Center in Ghiroda and Gearmata Vii villages, Ghiroda village gymnasium, Ghiroda village kindergarten, Gearmata Vii gymnasium school and kindergarten, administrative village Gearmata Vii.
- Estimated annual reduction in CO2 emissions: 19.8 tonnes of CO2 / year,
- Estimated electricity production: 66 MWh / year,
- Estimated installed capacity of the system: 49 kWp,
- Intelligent Power Monitoring System (SCADA) for energy conversion assessment and control, with a central unit and distributed automation,
- Life cycle assessments (LCA) for the eight solar power plants.
The first report will be made in the sixth month of the project, January 2021
- Through the direct procedure, the service of elaboration of the advertising materials was acquired, respectively:
- 5 billboards with the dimensions: 1500 x 1500 mm;
- 20 posters (A3 format);
- 200 leaflets;
The value of the materials is 1200 Euro, of which 1000 Euro comes from Norwegian funds (80%) and 200 Euro represents the own contribution of Ghiroda City Hall;
- We are working on the elaboration of the Specifications for the acquisition by public auction of the photovoltaic systems and of the materials for the installation and commissioning of the PV systems;
The value of the equipment is: 284,654 Euro of which 239,862 Euro (84.3%) represent Norwegian funds and the difference of 44,792 is the own contribution of Ghiroda City Hall
The value of the acquisition will be worth: 5,000 Euros, of which 4,200 Euros (84%) come from Norwegian funds and 800 Euros represent the own contribution of Ghiroda City Hall.
- The auction was made and the components for advertising were purchased:
- 5 billboards mounted at the entrance to Ghiroda and Giarmata vii
- 20 A3 posters,
- 150 flyers distributed to the inhabitants of the commune,
- a TV show for launching the project;
- The auction was made and the technical and economic consulting service was purchased;
- The auction was made and the financial audit service was purchased;
- The specifications were drawn up and the public tender for the acquisition of photovoltaic equipment was launched together with the service of installation, commissioning, testing and reception;
- The financing contract was signed between Ghiroda City Hall and Timișoara Polytechnic University, project partner;
- The financing contract was signed between Ghiroda City Hall and Western Norwegian Research Institute Norway;
- A video meeting took place between the project partners to evaluate the stage of realization;
- The stage of the project is within the parameters initially established.